Monday, November 2, 2009

Our Spooky Crew!

Halloween was great this year - I think it should be on Saturday every year! The weather was nice, so the kids didn't have to cover up their costumes with big coats and gloves. Reagan, Jake and Kaylen trick-or-treated for 2 1/2 hours - it wore me out. Jordan and Amber came over and had dinner with us too, it is so nice to have them close by. We were all exhausted on Sunday, but it was worth it!

Ryan figured trick-or-treating out very quickly. It was cute to watch him running as fast as he could to keep up with the other kids. He learned how to "growl" which made him all the more cute in his costume.

Jake was Harry Potter, and he looked very convincing with his hair dyed black. He tied for his class contest of best costume. He is pretty in to "Harry Potter" right now as he just finished the 4th book.

Nate and Kaylen were our Star Wars crew, I had suggested that everyone be different Star Wars characters, but these 2 were the only ones who stuck with the theme. Nate wanted to be Mace Windo and Kaylen was Queen Padame (for those of you who don't know who they are "Wookipedia.com" is very informative).
Reagan was a trooper, we had planned on making an "Alien Abduction" costume, and the day of her school party could not get it to work. Since we were 15 minutes late for school already, we gave up and she wore my Grandma's old black cape and black hat to school. On Saturday, she was looking through my closet and found my old black prom dress, which actually made a very good "dead bride" costume. Who knew that dress would come in handy 15 years later!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! You all look so great! I did not even recognize Jake. It is amazing what a little hair color can do:) I am glad you all had such a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I am so lame that I didn't even know you started a blog. So cute! I just love you guys and your kids, they are my nieces and nephews of course, if they are my kid's cousins, that makes me their aunt--right? I just want to squeeze them, they are so cute. We will have to get together at Thanksgiving. We will be there a whole week. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake looks cute with black hair. What I think is really amazing is that Reagan can already fit into your prom dress. You are so tiny. You did a great job on the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic costumes! I couldn't even recognize Jake. Sounds like it was the perfect Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that dress. What a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete